There are a great many resources available to educate both you and your clients about the realities of aging and long term care planning. However, finding the most useful and appropriate ones can be frustrating and time consuming.
That’s why the Long Term Care Planning Network (LTCPN) has gone ahead and done the research for you. We have been assembling one of the most comprehensive libraries available in Canada since 1998 and have decided to offer it to our clients and friends.
There are several ways you can utilize a resource library.
1. Since clients/prospects may need to wait for their meeting with you, consider placing selected resources in your waiting area. When someone remarks on the usefulness of a certain item, you can promptly give it to her.
2. Consider setting aside a special bookcase in your office to house the books, magazines, pamphlets and other materials you collect – some of which are free of charge from the federal and provincial governments. Encourage everyone to utilize the library to further their own aging and care planning knowledge
3. When you visit a client at home, carry some related resources with you to leave behind.
Wonderful added value for your practice!
Resources may be free of charge (government) or purchased by LTCPN. They may include:
- Subscriptions – Newsletters, Magazines
- Web Sites
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- The Canadian Health Care System
- Caring for Aging Parents
- Alzheimer’s disease/Related Dementias
- Home Safety
- Assistive Devices
- Home Modifications/Adaptations
- Retirement Living
- Home Care
- Retirement/Assisted Living
- Nursing Home/Long Term Care Facilities
- Long Term Care Planning/Financing
- Advance Care Planning
- Palliative/End of Life Care
- Coping with Grief/Bereavement
- Wills and Estates
- Family Succession Planning/Avoiding the Family Fight
Contact us for more information.