Over the years Karen has been interviewed for television, radio and print for both consumer and financial/insurance publications.
She has appeared in:
- Why should women be especially concerned about long term care?
- Why aren’t we planning for long term care?
- How much does long term care cost?
- How do I know if I will need long term care?
- How worried should I be about Alzheimer’s disease?
- How can I fund my long term care?
- What triggers a claim?
- Why would someone consider buying long term care insurance?
- You Tube Interview on Long Term Care Planning
- BNN (Business News Network “Money Talk” with Patricia Lovett Reid – 3 times)
- Goldhawk Live
- CBC News/Radio 1/2
- The Insurance Journal
- Investment Executive
- Forum: The Magazine For Financial Advisors
- Advancing Issues (published by Corporate Planning Associates)
- MDRT Daily News
- Morningstar:”How To Have The Talk With Aging Parents”
- The Roundtable – Million Dollar Round Table Financial Publication (U.S.)
- The National Post
- The Globe and Mail
- The Toronto Star
- Vancouver Sun
- Ottawa Citize
Karen has written articles for:
- Advisor.ca: “Creating Your Own LTC Plan To Support Clients”,
- “ How to Talk to Clients About Long Term Care Planning”, “Coaching Clients to Talk to Parents”
- Toronto Insurance Women’s Association (TIWA): “My Dad and My Dog”
- Society of Actuaries Long-Term Care News (US): “Alzheimer’s Disease – Will It Become An Epidemic?”
- Journal of Financial Planning (US): “Facing the Truth About Loss of Independence: How Advisors Can Help”
- Life Insurance Selling (US): “Long Term Care: Don’t Scare Them, Prepare Them”
- The Roundtable (US): “Long Term Care: A Critical Piece of the Retirement Puzzle”
- Maryland Stroke Alliance News: ‘What Are We Afraid Of? Caregiver Fears”
- Health Canada: “The Dichotomies of Caregiving”
- The Government of Ontario-Seniors’ Secretariat: “Caregiving”
- Benefits Canada: “Healthy, Wealthy and Wise”
- Benefits and Pensions Monitor: “Long Term Care Planning: A Wake Up Call for Employers”
- OD Ontario Dentist: “Long Term Care Planning: Seven Tips to Help get You Started”
- The Condo Voice: “The Aging Population Offers many Challenges and Opportunities for Condo Corporations: Will You Be Ready?”
- Profitable Practice: Veterinary Edition: “My Dad and My Dog”
- Profitable Practice: Dental Edition: “I’ll Do It My Way – (If You’re Lucky!”
Karen has done webinars for
- WIFS Women In Insurance & Financial Services (U.S.)
- Dejardins Insurance